Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
The reason the RNG rolls over in HGSS is for some radio contests (Buena's thing and the lottery I believe). There is a lottery in DPPt IIRC so it would advance by at least 1 frame.

Edit: 8 frames? wtf?

The reason the RNG rolls over in HGSS is for some radio contests (Buena's thing and the lottery I believe). There is a lottery in DPPt IIRC so it would advance by at least 1 frame.
Thanks :). As soon as I posted it here, I realized I could just test it myself lol, and it appears that letting the date roll over in Platinum advances the frame by 8 O.o That's more than I expected.

A) I've tried it both with and without a synch in my party
B) Entei and Raikou (taken this into consideration when advancing frames)
C) On Bike
D) Definitely 2 SS on bike
E) AR

EDIT: Might I ask which seed you used? I'll try with that seed, since it worked for you. I used: D2140289 (638 Delay), 141117E6 (6107 Delay). Thanks for taking time out to test it btw.
I used the D2140289(638) one, are you doing this on a retail cart or a HG/SS rom. If its a retail cart, I suggest not using the AR, and trading out your current party for new members(new SS and whatever you need to put it asleep and get it to low health). If its a retail cart I can trade you a copy of my SS(so you don't have to find a new one) and a sleeper/weakener.

IF its on a ROM, I can do a test run on mine again and see what results I get.

Quite a puzzler.

I used the D2140289(638) one, are you doing this on a retail cart or a HG/SS rom. If its a retail cart, I suggest not using the AR, and trading out your current party for new members(new SS and whatever you need to put it asleep and get it to low health). If its a retail cart I can trade you a copy of my SS(so you don't have to find a new one) and a sleeper/weakener.

IF its on a ROM, I can do a test run on mine again and see what results I get.

Quite a puzzler.
I'm using a flashcart, so if you could do a test run I'd be very grateful. I'll try changing my party and turning off the AR function.

I'm using a flashcart, so if you could do a test run I'd be very grateful. I'll try changing my party and turning off the AR function.
Yea I'll give my rom a try and see if anything fishy happens. Just curious, you're using elm calls to confirm right?

the question is
is the starting frame of the starters in japanese HG, 1, 5, 9 or 1, 6, 11?
1,5,9 it doesn't change because of the language difference. The 1,6,11 is for the three roamers.

Weird problem-
I am abusing my ID/SID in SoulSilver. I have done this twice before, in HeartGold and Diamond. For some reason, when I plug my TID I get into Pandora's Box, I keep getting seemingly random results. The seconds range anywhere from 2-6 seconds off, and the delay is about 50-200 off. I am pretty experienced in 4th gen RNG so I know how to hit delays and everything. The really weird thing is, when I abused my ID in HeartGold and Diamond, this same exact thing happened to me. Yet it usually worked when I just picked a different ID to abuse for. I've done that this time, but still nowhere near getting it. What could the issue be? If more information is needed, I can provide it.

484 is awful low, but still doable. Post what Irwin calls you do get, the next time you go for it, with the seed you gave it will be able to help me see if your seconds/delay are off.
Alright. I figured the seed I hit was probably a lot higher because I didn't see any matches in the 2-3 seeds above and below my target seed. Next time I'll just try to hit something in the 490 range and if I'm having trouble I'll post my seeds and sequences I've been getting.

Alright. I figured the seed I hit was probably a lot higher because I didn't see any matches in the 2-3 seeds above and below my target seed. Next time I'll just try to hit something in the 490 range and if I'm having trouble I'll post my seeds and sequences I've been getting.
Might be a bit better of an idea to try for about 600 to start off with. Gives you a little time. As you are stuck pressing A as fast as you possibly can for 490 area.

I used to do 486/488 for HGSS breeding, I tired about 600. I hit it more often, and I had a little time to relax without breaking my thumb off from spamming A.

I'm using Irwin calls to confirm.
So I did it on the rom no issues there, though it was a similar party to my retail cart attemp.

A glimmer of good news(kinda), I just right now, I remembered a time in Diamond where I had a similar problem, where I would my target frame(IV's and nature would be correct) but the encounter slot was for the pokemon on the frame before that of my target(I kept getting a calm parichusu instead of a shellos).

After like 10 times I couldn't figure it out and I ended up switching locations. So my next suggestion is to find a different cave(if thats even possible) to RNG it in.

I'll check on if there are multiple caves, or levels, and get back to you(along with what cave I did mine in).

If that doesn't work, I'll try it with Irwin calls(I've never done it that way). and get back to you if that causes me any grief.

So I did it on the rom no issues there, though it was a similar party to my retail cart attemp.

A glimmer of good news(kinda), I just right now, I remembered a time in Diamond where I had a similar problem, where I would my target frame(IV's and nature would be correct) but the encounter slot was for the pokemon on the frame before that of my target(I kept getting a calm parichusu instead of a shellos).

After like 10 times I couldn't figure it out and I ended up switching locations. So my next suggestion is to find a different cave(if thats even possible) to RNG it in.

I'll check on if there are multiple caves, or levels, and get back to you(along with what cave I did mine in).

If that doesn't work, I'll try it with Irwin calls(I've never done it that way). and get back to you if that causes me any grief.
It's not possible to change until after 16 badges, but nevermind that, because I got it to work! I just changed my party to one of 6.

I think it might have been an issue regarding the party. Thanks for your help! :D

That's so odd, but glad you got it. Such an odd thing for the party to effect it. If you don't mind telling me what was your exact party/order.

I was searching up some spreads in PokeRNG since I wanted to RNG my starter, and basically all of the good spreads have a delay of -8.
Is this a bug or does it just mean it's impossible to hit O_o

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Call Irwin 6 times. Less if there are roamers. Generally 1 less frame per roamer but sometimes more, it tells you how many frames skipped in Seed to Time when you enter what route the roamers are at and save the game. Also you may need to take into account any random NPCs.

I'm using this seed to RNG Snorlax in front of diglett's cave.

PID: 8fe3309b (ADAMANT, ability 1) 28/29/30/31/31/31 (Seed: 0c1003e4 Method 1: 86, J (synch): 11, J (no synch): 43, K (synch): 7, K (no synch): None) HP ICE 68
Date: 8/25/2011
Time: 16:53:15

Roamers:
Entei- Route 33
Raikou- Route 29
Latias- Route 21

EDIT: Can I just use the roamers' location to verify my seed?

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
RNGing Snorlax? I can't remember if there are any random NPCs on that route... If you don't already have the pokeflute radio station selected in your Pokegear you have to be careful not to hit a different radio station as some of them advance the RNG.

If you want to make it a little easier you can always faint the roamers. Changing routes by going through one of those gatehouses doesn't cause the roamers to move so repeatedly flying to Mahogany Town for the beasts and Saffron City for Latias works best. Just remember not to catch any of them if you plan on RNGing them in the future.

Since this is my first attempt at HGSS RNG, I'll just use the roamers to verify my seed. Then, after I get pokerus and cure it, I'll faint the roamers since they'll come back when I beat the E4 and use Elm to verify my seeds.

EDIT: My target time calls for 15 seconds, but I keep getting 14 seconds. What can I do about this?

Since this is my first attempt at HGSS RNG, I'll just use the roamers to verify my seed. Then, after I get pokerus and cure it, I'll faint the roamers since they'll come back when I beat the E4 and use Elm to verify my seeds.

EDIT: My target time calls for 15 seconds, but I keep getting 14 seconds. What can I do about this?
Soft Reset one second later than you are right now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)